Jubilee Pipes - .pipes and flutes for children.  Class sets of instruments.
RSS

wood pipes
woods
Workshops
powered by

My Blog

Sunny Sunday

At seven this morning I received a comment about my Fun Guy post.   In return,I promised a post about today.  So here it is.

Hawkes Bay is on the East Coast of the North Island of New Zealand.  Here prevailing winds are Westerly...  so we are in a rain shadow cast by the Kawekas and the Ruahines, both reaching 1700 metres.  This season has been wet.. but not so cold.  The weather people tell us this is because the weather is coming down to us from the North, and comes to the East Coast first.

I was outside with the camera ten minutes before sunrise.

It was still a little dark, but the horizon was lit up.

Out in the street the sky was lit... with the most beautiful soft pinks and reds.''

Clouds in the west caught the colours and glowed.

A few minutes later the sun had risen and the colours had faded.Rooftops had caught the gold of the first rays of sunlight.  Magic!

Where the shade of the bamboos had fallen the windscreen was not iced.  There was a frost.

Some yellow cherry guavas were shielded from the frost, but also from the sun.  They are more than a month behind in ripening.

The oranges are not affected by the frost.  Last year they started to colour up in August!!  This year it was May!!

The apple tree is losing leaves, but...............

.... some leaves are still green.

The tree guava has had leaves nipped by the frost, and although they haven't died like they usually do, they have reddened.

This guava is very frost sensitive.  Why then does it put out new shoots in winter?  It has no sense for the season.

The "Blue" bamboo has put up many new culms, but they haven't grown leaves yet.  I hope the buds are not damaged by frost.  Certainly in past years they have not been worried.

Some sensitive frost tender trees, like this black-boy peach, have the good sense to lose their leaves in winter.

This plant puts out new flowers, as it is not frost tender and pays no mind to the cold.

Winter brings work for the gardener.  This plum tree has to be shorn of its many new branches before the leaves star to sprout in August.

The apricot will lose one of its big branches before August.  It goes so vigorously.  When I first came in 1998, it was just lawn here.  The tree has provided many Apricots.  Now it will provide wood for pipes!

It might be frost, but Ginger's thick fur protects him while he goes hunting for?????  Who knows, but if there are no mice, insects will have to do.

Hope you enjoyed this look at winter in the southern hemisphere.  Cheers Chris the Pipemaker.

42 Comments to Sunny Sunday:

Comments RSS
test on Sunday, 1 July 2018 3:24 a.m.
testing
Reply to comment

best essays uk on Saturday, 14 July 2018 8:38 p.m.
Wow! I know you promised for this post about this day. This picture is North Island of New Zealand. The weather of this place is amazing. I hope you shared always like this.
Reply to comment

Roadrunner Password Reset on Friday, 20 July 2018 11:15 a.m.
Nice post. If you are roadrunner email user and want your Roadrunner Password Reset then contact roadrunner toll free helpline +1-888-338-6033.
Reply to comment

mcdvoice.com on Friday, 27 July 2018 12:09 a.m.
And I would suggest McDonald’s the best place to visit often and grab the offers with a good meal.
Reply to comment

Steve John on Wednesday, 26 September 2018 11:16 p.m.
Yes i also visit this Iceland many time. Your post is really very fantastic. I am really very thankful to you. You have done a great job. Thumbs up this post. Keep it up! Get quality soft playground tiles here
Reply to comment

remember password edge on Friday, 14 December 2018 7:20 p.m.
If you are in the way to know how you can remember your password and manage this platform manage passwords in which you will find that you are looking for the best.
Reply to comment

arian on Wednesday, 19 December 2018 10:22 p.m.
well info
Reply to comment

Manny Pacquiao vs Adrien Broner PPV Price on Tuesday, 15 January 2019 8:54 a.m.
This%20episode%20of%20All%20Access%20kicks%20off%20on%20New%20Year%E2%80%99s%20Eve%2C%20with%20Adrien%20Broner%20partying%20in%20the%20club%20(without%20a%20drink%20in%20hand).%20Meanwhile%20we%20segue%20to%20Pacquiao%E2%80%99s%20family%20life%2C%20with%20his%20wife%20Jinkee%20briefly%20describing%20the%20difficulty%20of%20having%20a%20fighter%20as%20a%20husband.%20Then%2C%20after%20a%20quick%20look%20into%20Broner%E2%80%99s%20home%20life%20as%20well%2C%20we%20get%20back%20to%20the%20training.%0AIt%E2%80%99s%20at%20this%20point%20where%20Showtime%20focuses%20on%20the%20relationship%20between%20%3Ca%20href%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fpacquiaovsbronerlive.com%2F%22%3EWatch%20Broner%20vs%20Pacquiao%20Streaming%3C%2Fa%3E%20%20longtime%20trainer%20Freddie%20Roach%2C%20who%20had%20a%20falling%20out%20with%20one%20another%20after%20his%20controversial%20loss%20to%20Jeff%20Horn.
Reply to comment

4 burner gas cooktop on Tuesday, 5 March 2019 11:46 p.m.
Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. 4 burner gas cooktop
Reply to comment

mywawavisit on Saturday, 9 March 2019 5:00 p.m.
nice post thanks for sharing with us
Reply to comment

as on Sunday, 17 March 2019 6:15 p.m.
I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information. 9animes
Reply to comment

as on Sunday, 17 March 2019 9:54 p.m.
Reply to comment

as on Tuesday, 19 March 2019 6:10 p.m.
This original shows entirely desirable. All of limited data files have decided by way of great number from past experiences efficient practical knowledge. So i am inclined it again ever again substantially. buy malaysian eliquid
Reply to comment

as on Tuesday, 19 March 2019 9:54 p.m.
Reply to comment

PS4 Emulator on Tuesday, 19 March 2019 11:15 p.m.
This website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! PS4 Emulator
Reply to comment

as on Wednesday, 20 March 2019 6:00 p.m.
When my partner and i acquired onto your internet site although acquiring thought fundamentally relatively little submits. Pleasant strategy for approaching, I will be bookmarking concurrently get sorts conclusion goes up up wards. animal videos
Reply to comment

as on Wednesday, 20 March 2019 8:04 p.m.
The subsequent seems including it goes without saying excellent. Almost all these trivial details are meant by employing volume of footing understanding. I love to these individuals drastically. como conquistar um homem
Reply to comment

as on Wednesday, 20 March 2019 10:19 p.m.
I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. buy instagram followers cheap
Reply to comment

as on Thursday, 21 March 2019 7:45 p.m.
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. How to Get a Cell Phone Fixed
Reply to comment

as on Saturday, 23 March 2019 6:23 p.m.
Great things you’ve always shared with us. Just keep writing this kind of posts.The time which was wasted in traveling for tuition now it can be used for studies.Thanks masterani
Reply to comment

Algrim.co on Saturday, 23 March 2019 11:45 p.m.
You have done great job.Algrim.co
Reply to comment

as on Sunday, 24 March 2019 5:56 p.m.
Reply to comment

as on Sunday, 24 March 2019 6:11 p.m.
Great things you’ve always shared with us. Just keep writing this kind of posts.The time which was wasted in traveling for tuition now it can be used for studies.Thanks สมัครHAPPYLUKE
Reply to comment

as on Sunday, 24 March 2019 9:55 p.m.
I enjoy every one of the post, My spouse and i liked, I might like additional data using this type of, since it can be pretty nice., Regards created for supplying. mobile laser tag
Reply to comment

as on Sunday, 24 March 2019 11:35 p.m.
What is an outstanding post! “I’ll be back” (to read more of your content). Thanks for the nudge! privacy online
Reply to comment

as on Sunday, 24 March 2019 11:35 p.m.
Reply to comment

as on Monday, 25 March 2019 5:44 p.m.
We give you the opportunity to create your own style by offering clothes, fashion accessories, shoes, bags of major brands for men and women to meet all budget women's shoes
Reply to comment

as on Monday, 25 March 2019 7:06 p.m.
Remarkable article, it is particularly useful! I quietly began in this, and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Delights, keep doing more and extra impressive! dryer duct cleaning
Reply to comment

as on Saturday, 30 March 2019 9:19 p.m.
Remarkable article, it is particularly useful! I quietly began in this, and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Delights, keep doing more and extra impressive! website
Reply to comment

as on Sunday, 31 March 2019 5:40 p.m.
Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.. nairobi news
Reply to comment

as on Monday, 1 April 2019 12:41 a.m.
Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene. acp panels
Reply to comment

as on Saturday, 13 April 2019 9:18 p.m.
I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thanks... https://www.lovesita.com
Reply to comment

as on Sunday, 14 April 2019 8:05 p.m.
Reply to comment

as on Monday, 15 April 2019 6:05 p.m.
Reply to comment

as on Tuesday, 16 April 2019 5:20 p.m.
Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!.. 베트맨토토
Reply to comment

as on Wednesday, 17 April 2019 10:34 p.m.
Please continue this great work and I look forward to more of your awesome blog posts. balayı
Reply to comment

as on Thursday, 18 April 2019 6:25 p.m.
Great things you’ve always shared with us. Just keep writing this kind of posts.The time which was wasted in traveling for tuition now it can be used for studies.Thanks Breakfast in seminyak 2019 near me
Reply to comment

as on Thursday, 18 April 2019 10:35 p.m.
This article is an appealing wealth of informative data that is interesting and well-written. I commend your hard work on this and thank you for this information. You’ve got what it takes to get attention. خرید بک لینک انبوه و دائمی
Reply to comment

as on Saturday, 20 April 2019 9:06 p.m.
That'sthe cause marketing that you simply appropriate research prior to creating. It's also feasible to put in writing enhanced publishing with this particular. Generateur de Xbox Live
Reply to comment

as on Saturday, 20 April 2019 10:37 p.m.
Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!.. Lifeguarding training
Reply to comment

as on Sunday, 21 April 2019 11:43 p.m.
Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. print on demand
Reply to comment

as on Monday, 22 April 2019 10:07 p.m.
This kind of actually also a good placed that we in reality actually appreciated looking into. It isn't automatically typical that we are the substitute for establish a certain factor. free stock course