Jubilee Pipes - .pipes and flutes for children.  Class sets of instruments.
RSS

wood pipes
woods
Workshops
powered by

My Blog

Timbernook

Timbernook is an idea that is spreading.  It encourages mothers to bring their children to play outdoors in places that resemble the farms and gardens that older generations experienced when they were young.  NATURAL playgrounds.     Friends of mine invited me to visit one, where I played my fiddle and my pipes.

Here I am, 73 years old playing a violin that is 128 years old.   If I live long enough I will get to be as old as my violin...  or fiddle as I prefer to call it.

This is the context of the playing,  a ring of logs of wood as seats around an open wood fire burning the detritus dropped by the gum trees all around.

This foto shows another view of the circle of rounds of firewood we sit on.  The ground is unsmoothed except by feet,  human feet,  often little human feet.  This is just as the world was like on the farm where I grew up.

Excuse me for posting another foto of yours truly, but I rarely get a chance to be in my fotos as a usually take them myself.  Nor do I post fotos of other people without their permission. [ I gave my permission for this foto to be posted.]

This young boy is having fun in the mud just like I remember having fun in the mud when I was three,  four  and five.   It made me so happy as a child,  It makes me so happy to see this now as an old man.   Excuse me little fellow for taking you foto and posting it without your permission.    But you will forgive me I hope for it is such a wonderful foto.

Here is a final foto of the wonderful that place that Timbernook has set up for children out in the countryside near Hastings.  Well done Timbernook.

Cheers Chris the Pipemaker and Fiddleplayer [and Timbernook fan.]

8 Comments to Timbernook:

Comments RSS
kindle fire email setup on Friday, 3 August 2018 10:40 a.m.
Thanks for sharing such news For kindle email setup connecting to your account with an e-mail program. for more support call toll free number: +18883388633
Reply to comment

Kindle Fire Tech Support Phone Number on Friday, 3 August 2018 10:40 a.m.
Thank you for this informative blog.If someone is facing any kind of Kindle issue then,Buzz a call on Kindle Fire Tech Support Phone Number toll-free for the best | Amazon Fire Stick Tech Support Number +18883388633 . Visit :https://www.kindletechsupports.com/kindle-fire-tech-support-phone-number/
Reply to comment

showbox pc windows 10 on Saturday, 4 August 2018 11:21 p.m.
Hey guys if you want best website to watch the latest movies online for free then must try my link.
Reply to comment

Canon Printer Setup on Sunday, 5 August 2018 10:34 a.m.
Thank you for this informative blog.My name is Jhon and I guide you how to interface and set up a Canon wireless printer on your Windows or Mac PC. canon wireless printer setup to install canon printer. Get canon printer setup help from canon printer setup support for the wireless printer setup by canon @ +1-833-226-4222.
Reply to comment

test on Monday, 6 August 2018 5:34 p.m.
test
Reply to comment

professional resume writing services reviews on Monday, 6 August 2018 5:35 p.m.
Thank you for sharing these photos, I could definitely tell that you were enjoying playing the violin with the presence of children playing around. It is important for children to make the most out of their childhood through experiencing playing in the physical environment. Most children today are just on the internet watching various videos and playing virtual games, that they tend to forget that there is a world outside technology. Through actively playing outside, they will be able to experience genuine fun and happiness along with other kids. Technology should be avoided by children as much as possible to prevent spending too much time with it.
Reply to comment

QuickBooks Upgrade on Tuesday, 7 August 2018 9:36 a.m.
Exactly what I was searching for, thankyou for posting .
Reply to comment

Krogerfeedback on Friday, 24 August 2018 7:39 p.m.
TimberNook is an innovative nature-based developmental program designed to foster creativity, imagination, and independent play in the great outdoors. Founded by a pediatric occupational therapis.
Reply to comment